Walt Disney World recently started service on a new option for transportation between Disney Parks. The catch is, this new Express Transportation comes with a cost. One of our Mouse Fan Travel agents, Kathy Geiger, tested out this service on her last trip to the World, so we wanted to share her review here. Is it worth the cost? Let's find out below in Kathy's own words:
Walt Disney World Express Transportation
What it is – This is park-to-park transfer only, currently available in 1-day or 7-day increments. Guests must have the parkhopper option on their tickets (or Annual Pass). Currently a 1-day pass is $19, $29 for 7-day, per person.
What it's not – transportation to a resort, water park, or Disney Springs.
How it works – purchase your pass at any of the 4 Express Transportation locations, all located within the theme parks.
Animal Kingdom – next to safari entrance. Magic Kingdom – next to Buzz Lightyear meet/greet. Epcot – near Spaceship Earth and Guest Relations. Hollywood Studios – near Rockin' Roller Coaster. See maps of each pick up location below:
The schedule for the transfers is set each day. For example – MK to EP leaves on the :10 and :40 of each hour, starting at 10:00am. The easiest thing will be to just check when you arrive at the park that day in case there have been changes.
Buses run every 30 minutes like clockwork. Arrive 5-10 minutes early to check-in. At the appropriate time you will be escorted backstage to your awaiting, full sized, VIP bus.
Below are my recorded statistics. I would use this again without question. I would also recommend it for guests with scooters, families with large strollers that don't want the hassle of regular transfers, singles, older guests, anybody with a physical limitation that finds the walk back to bus lot and on to next park re-entry too strenuous.
You do not need to clear security again, no need for reentry either.
All times noted are 'on-stage' to 'on-stage.' (times and crowd levels may vary this was recorded during the first week in February, 2017)
- Saturday 2pm: Epcot to Magic Kingdom: 22 minutes; 4 guests on the bus.
- Thursday 5:30pm: Magic Kingdom to Disney's Hollywood Studios: 16 minutes; 2 guests.
- Friday noon: Disney's Animal Kingdom to Disney's Hollywood Studios: 16 minutes; 1 guest.
- Friday 3:30pm: Disney's Hollywood Studios to Epcot: 20 minutes; 3 guests.
- Friday 8:10pm: Epcot to Magic Kingdom: approx 20 minutes; 18 guests.
I really liked knowing exactly when the bus would depart. Arrive a few minutes early as they scan your MagicBand to ensure you have both parkhopper and valid Express pass.
Here is the Ticket Pricing and Information direct from Walt Disney World:
Express Transportation tickets are available to Guests holding valid theme park admission with the Park Hopper Option and to Walt Disney World Annual Passholders.
Price per Guest (Ages 3+)
- Single-day ticket: $19
- Valid for date of purchase only
- Multi-day ticket: $29
- Valid for up to 7 consecutive days beginning on date of purchase
Where to Buy Express Transportation Tickets
- All 4 theme park ticket windows and Guest Relations
- Disney Springs ticket window
- Disney Resort hotel concierge locations
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel and Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel ticket desks
- Kiosks at Express Transportation check-in locations
Thanks again to Kathy for the in-depth reporting on this new service. It definitely sounds like a valid choice for those that need a little more assistance, or are on a strict schedule and want to arrive by a certain time. What do you think? Will you try out the new Express Transportation?