Greetings fellow Mouse Fans!
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) kicks off this week at the Magic Kingdom. This is my favorite after-hours event as it combines two of my favorite things – Disney and the Holidays! Here are some of my favorite tips to make the most of this festive event.
– Weeknight parties tend to be less busy than the weekend parties. And the closer to Christmas you get, the busier the parties get! For maximum enjoyment, a weeknight party in November or early December is ideal.
– Plan to arrive at the Magic Kingdom early. You can enter the Magic Kingdom using your party ticket as early as 4:00 pm. Better yet – if you can snag an advanced dining reservation in the Magic Kingdom for around 5:00! Then you are fed and ready to go when the party starts at 7:00 pm.
– "Don ye now our gay apparel!" MVMCP offers a plethora of photo opportunities, perfect for the family holiday card! Wear something festive and plan to take lots of pictures.
– Don't forget to stop for hot cocoa and cookies!
– There are two parades. The later parade is much less crowded so if you can make it, plan to ride attractions earlier in the evening and watch the parade that takes place after the fireworks. (In fact, right before the parade is the perfect time to stop for that hot cocoa and cookies!)
– Don't rush out of the park after the parade! Stroll along and enjoy the sights. Seeing it "snow" on Main Street USA is something special.
– Bring along a warm outer layer! It can get chilly at night, even in Orlando. A fleece or sweatshirt and gloves can be very welcome on colder evenings.
Be well and make magic wherever you go!
Photo Courtesy of Disney©