Well its finally here. The day where we have to get up, pack the bags and load up on the bus from the final time. While I know I have to get back to the real world, I am just not looking forward to saying goodbye.
I woke up and realized it was time to load up the luggage and set it outside for pick up. After scrambling to get everything back in my bag, I set the suitcase outside the door where others waited for pick up.
We were lucky enough to be able to spend more time together on the bus trip to Grand Junction and once we arrived at the tiny airport, it was time for those last hugs and good-byes.
Looking back on this experience its amazing to think what I once thought of as trip I would do someday in a station wagon would be so much better in a bus with a bunch of strangers who became friends.
I learned many things on this trip, like:
- No one picture can truly capture the beauty of the Grand Canyon.
- Test your water shoes and ensure they will stay on before you jump into a river
- If you have to go ATVing Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Linda is a Ã¢â‚¬Å“very good driverÃ¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ as long as you yell BRAKE loud enough to be heard over her giggles of pure elation!
- Michelle has no fear.
- Annette will likely run from anything furry if it looks like it may charge her.
But I think my favorite lesson of all is:
- Adventures ARE truly better with friends.