Summer officially began on June 21st this year, but here in the U.S. we all view the 4th of July as the official kick-off for summer. Friends, family, bbq, pools or beaches…and of course, fireworks! Well, as with most celebrations, Disney takes them to the next level. If you are planning to be on either coast this July 4th, here is the official list from the Disney Parks Blog of what Disney has planned to commemmorate the birth of our nation's independence:
- Disneyland park – “Disneyland Forever,” the all-new street-to-sky fireworks spectacular, will be presented July 4 at 9:30 p.m. Following the show on that night only will be a patriotic, pyrotechnic grand finale to celebrate America’s birthday.
- Disney California Adventure park – On July 4, a special pyrotechnic water display will be presented at the start of all three performances of the new “World of Color – Celebrate!” at 9 p.m., 10:15 p.m. and 11:15 p.m.
- Military Bands – Several outstanding Air Force and Marine bands will be performing at locations throughout the Disneyland Resort, from July 2–6.
- United States Air Force Honor Guard from Washington D.C. – July 2-5, 2015
- Disneyland Park:
- 3:15 p.m. – Sleeping Beauty Castle Forecourt
- 4:05 p.m. – Prior to Mickey’s Soundsational Parade
- Fourth of July added performances
- 5:15 p.m. – Flag Retreat Ceremony (Color Guard only) in Town Square
- 6:45 p.m. – Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree
- Disney California Adventure Park:
- 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. – Paradise Pier, near the “World of Color” viewing area
- United States 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing Band from Miramar, CA – July 4, 2015
- Disneyland Park
- 4:10 p.m. – Prior to Mickey’s Soundsational Parade
- 5:15 p.m. – Flag Retreat Ceremony in Town Square
- 7 p.m. – Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree
- Downtown Disney District:
- 11:30 a.m. (breakout rock band) – Main Stage
- United States Air Force Band of the Golden West from San Francisco, CA – July 5-6, 2015
- Downtown Disney District:
- 6:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m., 8:00 p.m., 9:00 p.m. (breakout rock band) – Main Stage
At Walt Disney World, all of the parks except Disney's Animal Kingdom will have Fourth of July celebrations. Magic Kingdom has long had the reputation as THE place for fireworks on various holidays, which of course leads to very increased crowd levels. One benefit to this is that Magic Kingdom will perform the special holiday fireworks the day before as well, so you can see the same 4th of July fireworks on July 3rd. Here are the official events from Walt Disney World:
- Magic Kingdom Park – “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” rockets into the air above Cinderella Castle. This special, fireworks spectacular will be presented two nights in a row, at 9 p.m. on both July 3 and 4.
- Epcot – On July 4, enjoy a special concert of great American songs by Voices of Liberty at America Gardens Theater, where they’ll be performing at 12:30 p.m., 1:45 p.m., and 3 p.m. You can also meet Chip ‘n’ Dale in patriotic attire outside The American Adventure, and at 10 p.m. that evening “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” joins the celebration with the addition of a heart-pounding, all-American grand finale.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios –The “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party leads up to a “Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration,” as the sky above Disney’s Hollywood Studios ignites in a shower of shimmering light for a pyrotechnic, rock ‘n roll road trip across America. The DJ kicks things off at 5:45 p.m. and keeps the party going until fireworks time at 10:15 p.m.
Will you be spending the Fourth of July at a Disney park this year? Have you in the past? If not, how will you celebrate this year and let freedom ring? Happy Fourth of July to all!
All images ©Disney.